Monday, October 27, 2008

The Letter

Do you know who Lisi Harrison is? You should. She writes my favorite book series, "The Clique". There are many books out so far, I believe 8. There will be 12, you'll soon find out how I know this.

When I first started reading the series, it really got me hooked, because it is about middle school life, drama, and guys(major subject I get an A in). I decided to write her a letter, I do not remember what I wrote, it was so long ago. But, finally, she wrote me back, answering 10 questions I wrote her.

1. When will THE CLIQUE be a movie?
A: It is coming! The dvd comes out November 18th, 2008! Thank gawd!
2. Who are the girls on the cover supposed to be?
A: They are models representing a clique, not the clique. We choose our characters.
3. Which character is most like you?
A: Massie- she loves fashion, bratty comebacks, and her puppy. Claire- she has learned to accept herself for who she is. Dylan- she cracks up at burps. But NOT like Kristin because she stinks at sports.
4. How are you able to write books for tweens when you are an adult?
A: She WAS a tween.
5. How did you come up with the idea to write about this?
A: She worked for MTV.
6. Any advice for wannabe writers? (My fave question)
A: 1.) Write every day. It doesn't have to be good or interesting or grammatically correct. Just write anyway. It will keep your juices flowing and I guarantee that by the end of each session, you will have at least one good sentence that you can use in the future. 2.) Read a lot. And read the stuff you like, not stuff you think you should like. Because chances are you will write in the genre you like to read. So it's important to know how other people are doing it. 3.) Carry a little notebook where ever you go. If you see something funny, someone with a cool name, interesting story idea, or when your on the bus you see a cool name, write them down. So when you need a name or idea, you will have it in your notebook. 4.) If someone tells you you'll never be a writer put on your pointiest boots and kick them in the shin.
7.How many clique books will there be?
A: So far, 12, but if we want more, there will be more.
8. Are you going to write other books?
A: Yes!
9. Any advice for people who go to clique-y schools?
A: Those girls: insecure.
10. Any glossip-girl lipgloss for sale?
A: Sorry girlies! She made that stuff up!

So that is what questions she answered me. The reason I wrote the full answer to #6 is because I want to be a writer someday and I appreciate her answering that question for me.

1 comment:

ACDC said...

How nice to get a letter from a writer you enjoy! I'm so happy for you.

YOU'RE a lucky girl!!