Saturday, January 24, 2009

New President

We have a new president! Yipeee! Barack Obama is our 44th president, isn't it great? I got to watch it in school on Tuesday and missed math and lunch. It was great. Maybe Obama will do a better job then Bush, I have no doubt about it. I might be able to live a good life when I get older and not be homeless. That was the way it was going when Bush was president, no offense.

On Tuesday, at 12pm exactly, Bush was sworn out. When Bush was leaving the White House for the last time, people were singing "The Wicked Witch Is Dead". Well not exactly, but leave it up to one of them and he may be soon. Obama was sworn into presidency at 12:06. We went 6 minutes without a president! What could have happened in those 6 minutes? A nuclear war, etc.

Oh yeah and that night, the little Obama girls went on a scavenger hunt in the White House. And at the end of it, guess who was there? The Jonas Brothers! They got a private concert. How cool would it be to be their friend? But I wouldn't. They might think I am only being their friends for the opportunity and they need real friends, and if I got near them, I would be their for the opportunity.

Isn't it great?

Our 44th president is African American and I was alive to see it.

No comments: