Saturday, January 24, 2009

The ACI

As a field trip for no bullying, my school decided to take us to the state jail. There we went to the courtyard, through security, and heard stories from real prisoners themselves. The security, was crazy. It had so many rules. EX. Jeans may not be too baggy or tight, No V-neck shirts, no hooded sweatshirts, no jewelry, no under wire bras, etc. I was so nervous the alarm would go off on me. But it didn't, thank goodness.

When we went into the jail, 5 people led us to our seats. They wore beige color clothing. At first, I thought they were security but they weren't. They were the prisoners. I met 2 murderers, 1 ex-gang member, 1 robber, and 1 drug dealer. They were really scary, glaring at us and yelling and swearing at us. We weren't allowed to slouch, for they wanted us to feel uncomfortable and we couldn't touch the tables because that was where the prisoners see their family and friends for the last time and they cry there. They asked us some questions, like "How many of you, honestly, have smoked weed or cigarettes?" I closed my eyes, not wanting to know how many people raised their hands. When I opened them, I was surprised. Out of 105 students, 12 of them raised their hands. Twelve 14-year old raised their hands, most of them my friends. But they are trying to stop. It was sad. I DO NOT SMOKE WEED, CIGARETTES, NOR DRINK ALCOHOL!

We went out to the courtyard. Big fields, post office, school, offices, and other scary places.


STAY OUT OF JAIL YOU DUMMIES!

No comments: